Two traditional statues occupy the back corners of Holy Rosary Church – those of Saint Anthony of Padua and Child Jesus, and Saint Anne and her daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Saint Anthony of Padua dressed in a dark-brown Franciscan habit, with rope-belt and rosary, holds the Child and a book in his right hand with lilies of purity under his left arm. The Child gestures lovingly to Saint Anthony has he gazes upon the Child. The book is symbolic of his knowledge and teaching skills inspired by the Bible and Saint Anthony’s holding of the Child Jesus is representative of a vision that he had just before his death at an Italian hermitage in 1231 called Camposampiero in which he was found in ecstasy with an image of Baby Jesus. In the opposite corner is a statue of Saint Anne and her child the young Blessed Virgin Mary. Mary, dressed in white, attentively receives instructions from her mother, dressed in gold, who points toward the word “Jesse” written on a scroll which indicates that Jesus is of the root of Jesse which signifies that Jesus is of the lineage of King David. From the Book of Isaiah is the verse, “But a shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom” (Is 11:1).