There are two lovely stained-glass windows in the church depicting the parish patroness, The Immaculate Conception.
In the left-front is a large round window depicting Our Lady as the Immaculate Conception. This window was funded by a donation from the J.D. Coyle family and was originally placed in the northern wall behind the main altar, but was covered by dark wood paneling during a 1959 remodeling of the building (which remains on the back wall today). In 2004, the window was placed in the side niche location at the request of the parishioners. The beautiful image of Our Lady dressed in a white tunic and bright blue mantle has hands folded and eyes closed in prayer. The base color of the window is a pale yellow which glows with grace into the surrounding nave when lit by a backlight. Crosses in smaller tri-arched panes flank the main cinquefoil arched pane with the image of the Immaculate Conception.
On the left side-wall of the nave is another image of the patroness Mary as the Immaculate Conception. She is dressed in a light blue tunic with a darker blue mantle as she gazes stoically upon the viewers with her hands crossed over her heart in acceptance of her beloved responsibility as Mother of God and Man. The window contains many of the features traditionally shown in images of the Immaculate Conception since the institution of the dogma in 1854. These include the twelve stars on the halo and twelve rays of the sunburst behind her head inspired by this passage from the Book of Revelation, “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.” (Rev 12:1). Mary stands atop a crescent moon and a serpent (in reference to Rev 12:4) with seven winged cherubs under her feet.
The second window described above is one of six brilliant stained-glass windows, depicting events of The Blessed Mother’s life, line the side walls of the nave. These windows were created by Clarke Studios of the Stained Glass Limited company in Dublin, Ireland and installed in the mid-1960’s. The stained-glass windows transmit rich hues of blues, reds and yellows through the images, at the insistence during the window design of Father Michael Fitzgerald to use bright colored glass, and instill a sense of prayerfulness and grace upon the viewers. The cost of the windows was underwritten by donors whos’ names appear on small brass plaques below the windows. The events depicted in five of the windows are: The Annunciation, The Visitation, The Birth of Jesus, The Assumption and The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth. All of the windows are lovely and ideal to prayerfully ponder along with the Mysteries of the Rosary which also include these events.