Resurrection Church, Bangalore, India

Lourdes Grotto with Mary facing two ways

The Resurrection Church is a peaceful oasis on a busy corner in Indiranagar just across the street from the Swami Vivekananda Metro station. The sacred structure is newish to the scene of Bangalore having been built in 1976, however, the roots of the parish go back more than 75 years to the French Sisters of the Good Shepherded who purchased the site in 1920 before later donating it for the church building. The church houses two lovely images of Mother Mary including a glass-encased image used as a prayer shrine. The outside courtyard displays a life-size stone Lourdes Grotto with a dual-face Our Lady of Lourdes image on the top: one inward toward the church, and one face outward toward the people streaming by on Old Madras Road.