October 24, 1909 marked the beginning of the first Portuguese National Church in Sacramento, and the present church building was dedicated on February 2, 1913. The lovely mixed Mission-Romanesque-Gothic façade with twin spires sits diagonally on the corner of 12th and S streets approximately one-half mile from the State Capitol. Inside one can see beautiful statues and stained-glass windows, including those of Our Lady of Fatima and Saint Elizabeth (Isabel) of Portugal. The church building is generally locked at times other than when Masses are held. Weekday Masses are scheduled at 7 a.m. each day; and weekend Masses are held on Saturday evening and twice on Sunday including a service in Portuguese.