Saint Mother Teresa Statue — Sacred Heart Church, Bangalore

On the right side-wall of the nave, opposite the Infant Jesus shrine is an identically styled shrine for Saint Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa).

The famous caretaker of the poor took the name Teresa after Saint Terese of Lisieux (who also has a statue in the Sacred Heart Church) when she entered the convent at age 18. The statue is dressed in the blue-striped-trimmed white habit of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity which was founded by Mother Teresa in 1950; and carries a blue rosary on Her left side. The hands of statue are folded and the face carries an expression of loving concern that Mother Teresa exhibited so frequently as she cared for the sick and the poorest of the poor at many sites in the city of Calcutta (Kolkata) in her 66 years in that city.