Resurrection Church, Bangalore, India
Address: 80 Feet Rd, opp. to Metro Street, Indira Nagar 1st Stage, Binna Mangala, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038, India
The Resurrection Church is an oasis surrounded by traffic on a busy corner in Indiranagar just across the street from the Swami Vivekananda Metro station. The large compound houses a modern architecture structure and has ample parking shaded by large trees for attendees. The open-air Church has a beautiful altar and several very nice statues/shrines. There are Masses in several languages on Sunday and the celebrations are beautiful with welcoming parishioners. The church also has a 6 am and 6 pm daily Mass and is open through the day, for peaceful, private prayer.
Special things to see in the Church
> The large, peaceful, tree-shaded compound is at the corner of a busy intersection, but is a “world away” from the outside
> The view into the church from outside of the front entrance with the doors open is quite stunning when the altar is lighted – either daytime or night
> A beautiful glass-encased shrine to Infant Jesus is visited by many before and after Masses, and also during the day
> A colorfully lighted Divine Mercy Jesus statue in the right front of the church
> A glass-encased Shrine to Mother Mary with emphasis on her Immaculate Heart
> Three images of the Resurrected Jesus, inside and outside
> The Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
Interesting Fact(s) About the Church
This church, once on the outskirts of the city, is now a central fixture in Indiranagar and is adjacent to the Michaelpalya neighborhood where the seed for this Catholic community started. It all started with the French Sisters of the Good Shepherded who were very generous over the years in providing land for the current church site, as well as for many other religious and civic structures around 80-feet road. In the year 1920, the Sisters purchased the present properties on the Old Madras Road. In 1922, the French sisters started the St. Michael’s Home for unwed mothers and orphans, and entered into many charitable and philanthropic activities, which was the beginning of the Michaelpalya village. On March 19th, 1976, the Resurrection Church foundation was laid by His Grace Archbishop Arokiasamy; and on December 29th, 1976 the Resurrection Church was blessed. In 1989, a free-standing belfry was erected to house a 93 kg bronze bell.
Contact us at Info@churchwonders.com for a detailed and illustrated Guidebook about this church.